|Scientists 4 Future is an association of scientists in German-speaking countries who want to raise awareness about climate change (causes, consequences, measures) with data, facts, and forecasts. A necessary tool for this is communication. In the form of a quarterly panel discussion in cooperation with the knowledge policy department of the city of Leipzig, we, Scientists 4 Future Leipzig, bring regionally relevant climate issues into focus. Each event in this series is dedicated to one aspect, presented by actors from Leipzig and the surrounding region. Afterward, the audience is invited to participate in a Q&A session.|
The way we eat affects our bodies in many ways: Organs, brain, and last but not least psychological well-being. But in times of climate change, nutrition is more than that, because it not only shapes (or deforms) our bodies. The masses of food we produce also leave their mark on the fields, in the atmosphere, and the trash can. So we are faced with a complex issue that we would like to illuminate with expert presentations followed by audience discussion.
- Gesine Flehmig (Scientists 4 Future) - Agriculture, climate, health
- Sarah Rösch (Psychologists 4 Future) - Eating disorders and climate change
- .................... (Ernährungsrat Leipzig) - Sustainability in Solidarity Farming
- Moderation: Dominic Memmel (Scientists 4 Future, Leipzig)
Panel - Climate-friendly living in Leipzig
15/10/2021 | 7 PM | Festsaal Neues Rathaus Leipzig
The question of affordable housing is also red-hot in Leipzig. Climate change is further exacerbating the problem: necessary renovations, overheated roof apartments, solar panels, and much more. But if the necessary change is not to take place at the expense of low-income social classes, the keyword is "climate justice.
- Marie Nelles (Psychologists 4 Future) - Interactions between living environment and mind
- Klaus Schotte (Mietshäuser Syndicat) - Project "Klinge 10"
- Stefan Zahn (Scientists 4 Future, Leipzig) - Project "Neustart Schweiz"
- Moderation: Dominic Memmel (Scientists 4 Future, Leipzig) - Meaning of the term "climate justice"